Tomorrow this commitment to write every day for a month will be done. I'll be glad.
I've learned from this. I've learned I don't always have something to say. And when I don't have much to say, I start talking about the events of my every day life instead of ideas.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
This is attributed to First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt. I think there's a great level of truth to this.
But I don't know if I'll ever be great. One cannot force themselves to not talk about events or people simply because they want to be great. This defeats the meaning of the statement above.
What it means is that idea is level on which a great mind resides and functions, and so forth.
Like I said, I don't know that I'll ever be great. And I'm okay with that. But anyway, I've learned from this experience. :)
(Day 31)*
*It seems I miscounted...I'm not surprised due to my frazzled state.
I've learned from this. I've learned I don't always have something to say. And when I don't have much to say, I start talking about the events of my every day life instead of ideas.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
This is attributed to First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt. I think there's a great level of truth to this.
But I don't know if I'll ever be great. One cannot force themselves to not talk about events or people simply because they want to be great. This defeats the meaning of the statement above.
What it means is that idea is level on which a great mind resides and functions, and so forth.
Like I said, I don't know that I'll ever be great. And I'm okay with that. But anyway, I've learned from this experience. :)
(Day 31)*
*It seems I miscounted...I'm not surprised due to my frazzled state.
No comments:
Post a Comment