I think it's only been in the last couple months that I've realized that there's a difference between depth and intelligence.
There really is.
Somebody, well, a lot of people this summer asked why I was still single.
What do you say to that? I mean, gracefully?
There was only one person with whom I think I was totally honest. I ended up sounding like an arrogant ass. "I'm always too something. Too old, too spiritual, too deep. But mostly too intelligent."
"You're not modest." They said.
They were right. I was also not correct. I've been thinking about this a lot because it's become so clear to me in the last being around the intellectual caliber that law attracts that depth and intellect are two different things.
I have the depth thing to contend with, not as much the intelligence. I am surrounded by people around me that far surpass me in intelligence. All day, every day.
But that depth. That depth that only gets more and more profound the more I know God. That depth that seems to get more and more difficult but more and more everything I've ever wanted.
Yeah, it's depth.
What is depth? What am I talking about? What does that even mean?
I don't know if I can describe it. But I won't try right now. This one's still brewing.
I just hate that some conversations I can't fix.
(Day 20)
There really is.
Somebody, well, a lot of people this summer asked why I was still single.
What do you say to that? I mean, gracefully?
There was only one person with whom I think I was totally honest. I ended up sounding like an arrogant ass. "I'm always too something. Too old, too spiritual, too deep. But mostly too intelligent."
"You're not modest." They said.
They were right. I was also not correct. I've been thinking about this a lot because it's become so clear to me in the last being around the intellectual caliber that law attracts that depth and intellect are two different things.
I have the depth thing to contend with, not as much the intelligence. I am surrounded by people around me that far surpass me in intelligence. All day, every day.
But that depth. That depth that only gets more and more profound the more I know God. That depth that seems to get more and more difficult but more and more everything I've ever wanted.
Yeah, it's depth.
What is depth? What am I talking about? What does that even mean?
I don't know if I can describe it. But I won't try right now. This one's still brewing.
I just hate that some conversations I can't fix.
(Day 20)
No comments:
Post a Comment