I don't have much to say today.
I spent the day in the car between Salt Lake City, UT and Denver, CO. I spent most of that time listening to Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I have some thoughts brewing, but I won't begin to express them until I've finished the audiobook. I think it was Hemingway that once commented on how deeply the Russians make you feel. It's so true.
I'm realizing that in going back to Minnesota I am going to be entering into a period of time when there will be very little spiritual "in-pour" into my life and I need to learn what that looks like and how to be healthy with that. Should be interesting. But I'm glad that I'm aware that I need to change some of my expectations on that front, and that I'll need to be more vigilant about self-care (as my sister calls it).
I mean, if I'm ever going to live overseas I need to at least understand this. Alaska was rich in friendship and now Katie, my last remnant of that (and a strong one) is gone. Lord, help me.
That's all.
(Day 6)
I spent the day in the car between Salt Lake City, UT and Denver, CO. I spent most of that time listening to Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I have some thoughts brewing, but I won't begin to express them until I've finished the audiobook. I think it was Hemingway that once commented on how deeply the Russians make you feel. It's so true.
I'm realizing that in going back to Minnesota I am going to be entering into a period of time when there will be very little spiritual "in-pour" into my life and I need to learn what that looks like and how to be healthy with that. Should be interesting. But I'm glad that I'm aware that I need to change some of my expectations on that front, and that I'll need to be more vigilant about self-care (as my sister calls it).
I mean, if I'm ever going to live overseas I need to at least understand this. Alaska was rich in friendship and now Katie, my last remnant of that (and a strong one) is gone. Lord, help me.
That's all.
(Day 6)
No comments:
Post a Comment