My heart bleeds for my country when, I learn from my friends overseas that we are known for this: making war. We are good at this--and now we're destroying ourselves and the democratic institution that we also killed to build. They shake their heads and ask me if I've seen what's going on and if I can explain: I can't.
I'm speechless.
There's no logic to all of this. My nation is also known for getting involved in other peoples' conflict worldwide and we think that we are promoting an ideal of "freedom" in places that need it...but a house divided cannot stand. America has vowed to fight terrorism, but we're terrorizing ourselves.
I'm pro-LIFE, I'm pro-DUE PROCESS. I'm pro-COP, and pro-BLACK. I'm pro-TRUTH.
And I'm pro-JUSTICE. Make no mistake, justice and law are two different things. The law is merely a (often inadequate) means to arrive at some semblance of justice--but the only way to fill in the blank between law and justice is the only thing that can effectively see the grey and nuances of every situation: love.
Please go shoot some of that back into this bleeding world and go have the courage to gaze someone in the eyes and know that a soul like yours exists in them, regardless of what color they are or wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment