Maybe....Yeah. Maybe. I talked to my sister today about some drama in which I somehow unwillingly ended up recently. The saga seemed to drone on and then it was said: “Maybe it’s for such a time as this.”
Hm. Maybe. It’s true, it really is. It could very well be that this situation in which I find myself is one of the reasons that I was supposed to be in Alaska this winter. It probably is. If anything, I need to be learning from it what I can and that of course is a “reason” to be up here--if not a repercussion of my current geography. Who knows at the moment. Choose growth, right?
I guess I’m at the place where I want to try living my life in such situations with the attitude that, really, who knows at any given moment why I go through what I’m go through--good or not. He knows. And that’s cool. My dad once said that if he’s learned anything in life, it’s that just about everything in life is a “prologue” for something else. In my short 25 years, I’ve already seen a bit of that.
Even in these last two weeks, I’ve realized more definitely how a few experiences I’ve had were prologues for where I’m at now, or where I hope to be.
I’ve been surprised at how my last two years’ experiences being a consist manager have informed my substitute teaching and classroom “skills” or whatever you want to call it. Really surprised. Surprised in a good way, but I can now see why I wasn’t supposed to be up here subbing last year when I wanted to be: I wasn’t ready. My maturity level wasn’t there. I hadn’t any idea at that point. But He knew better. Thankfully.
Also, maybe (there’s that word again) my experience here as a substitute teacher is a prologue for teaching in France. Maybe, though, only maybe. If not that, it’s surely a prologue for something else. And I’m OK with that, because I’m learning that this whole “prologue” idea can be exciting because it gives me a perspective that says that everything that I do is worthwhile if I’m listening and paying attention to Whom I should be.
Everyone needs to feel significant. We’re wired that way. I guess this prologue hypothesis is beginning to fit into and become a piece of this puzzle I pass my existence trying to fit together called my significance. Maybe....I’ll probably be chewing on it for a while. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment