Thursday, January 24, 2008

To really know.

I don't ever want to know who I am. I mean, I want to be self-aware and know things about myself, but I don't ever want get stuck being who I am long enough to really know who I am.
I want to be ever-changing. I want to be ever-growing. I want everything about me to be channelled for the better. What's amazing is that even my personal pitfalls, I know, if overcome can be strengths. This is what I want.
I never want to be coward enough to avoid transformation. I never want to shy from personal, mental, spiritual growth. I want to learn to take difficulty--how ever great or small--and use it to stretch myself and appreciate it for its capacity to enable, if not catalyze self-amelioration.
I don't ever want to fully know who I am. A lofty ideal, so true. But still, one I think I must hold. The challenge is to stay focused on this. I fail, fall, so often. But I'll never quit getting up, I think. Does this even make sense?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"...of all our maladies, the most savage is to scorn existence."

~Montaigne~